The User Experience (UX) methodology has become a very popular and powerful trend over the past year and will continue to grow in 2016 and beyond. Our meeting and presentation covered the basics of a UX process and provided tip and tricks to utilize them in our websites.
At the beginning of 2016, Denver JUG Organizer Cliff Pfeifer became the team leader of the Joomla User Experience Working Group, or JUX. We are actively looking for new contributors in all areas of the process and you can be involved with making improvements to Joomla now and in the future. A link to the volunteer portal is below or feel free to contact us here.
Great User Experience Resources:
The topic of UX is too large to cover in a short meeting, all of the links to the resources and a PDF version of the presentation are below.
Tips and Trends
- Why you should stop using website sliders
- Pay attention to page size, not just for loading times. How much your website data costs
- Top UX Predictions in 2016
- 6 Design Trends to Watch for in 2016
- UX Design.cc List of UX Tools
- Usability Geek List of UX Tools
- StyleGuides.io, an Incredible Website Style Resources
- Pattern Lab: THE Responsive Pattern Prototyping Framework
- Brad Frost: Atomic Design JWC2015
- Brad Frost: Responsive Patterns Workshop JWC2015
A UX Pioneer, he provides a wealth of information on his website and in his presentations.